This chunky black bean salsa is easy to make, and tastes great! I know, my photo doesn’t do it justice. Whip up a batch for yourself, and grab some baked “scoop” shaped tortilla chips. It also makes a great addition to other dishes, like tacos or burritos.
One word of warning… to keep yourself from eating too much, don’t eat the chips directly from the bag. Instead, pour a serving of chips into a bowl. Eating healthy foods doesn’t help if you eat 2-3 times as much as you need!
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1/2 can sweet corn
1 onion (~2.5 inches diameter)
1 tsp. minced garlic
Crushed Red Pepper*
1) Drain and rinse the diced tomatoes, black beans and sweet corn, and place2 them in a large bowl.
2) Peel and chop the onion. Place it in the large bowl.
3) Add the 1 tsp. of minced garlic.
4) *Season to taste with dried cilantro, crushed red pepper, chili powder, black peeper, and salt
5) Mix all of the ingredients together. Cover, and allow to sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours for the flavors to mix.
Another way I like to enjoy this salsa… scramble two eggs (only use one yolk if you want to make it a little healthier), and add a helping of salsa. Cook it up for a nice hearty breakfast!!